Ex-ambassador and analyst Arsim Zekoli listed possible excuses for not getting a date for opening EU accession negotiations in June.
1. We get a date, but it is postponed for December
2. We do not get a date because of Albania
3. We do not get a date because of the EU elections
4. New HLAD, better than negotiations
5. We get a date because they do not refuse it in writing
6. Hey, just criticizing
According to unofficial announcements from Brussels and some member states, despite the Prespa Agreement, Macedonia will not get a date for negotiations due to the catastrophic situation in the areas listed in Priebe’s recommendations.