VMRO-DPMNE will elect Saturday its candidate at the upcoming presidential elections at a party convention which will be held at the Cultural Center “Braka Miladinovci” in Struga. The convention, as well as the forthcoming campaign for the presidential elections, will be under the slogan “For Honorable Macedonia,” the party said.
The slogan means that VMRO-DPMNE’s presidential candidate for president will be an honorable man, opposite of the destructive policies of the government, such as the change of the Constitution, corruption, crime and the lack of economic results, VMRO-DPMNE said.
551 delegates will vote for the party’s presidential nominee at the convention. Candidates have to win 1/3 of the votes of delegates to win the first round or at least 184 votes. If none of the nine candidates wins the required number of votes in the first round, a second round will be held that night, in which the delegates will choose between two candidates with the most votes.
Eight men and one woman to win the trust of delegates at VMRO-DPMNE convention
- Nikita Shekutkovski, PhD in Mathematics and Full Professor at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Skopje, member of the Institute of Mathematics.
- Gjorgi Manaskov, mechanical engineer and president of the Economic Chamber of Energy of Macedonia.
- Vasko Kostov, pharmaceutical technician.
- Vlatko Gjorcev, lawyer, MP in the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia and member of the Executive Committee of VMRO-DPMNE.
- Gordana Siljanovska-Davkova, full professor at the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” in Skopje, member of the Institute for Legal and Political Sciences, Department of Constitutional Law and Political System.
- Ilija Dimovski, retired professor at the Faculty of Forestry at UKIM in Skopje.
- Filip Petrovski, PhD in Political Sciences and former director of the State Archives of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Goran Angelov, lawyer, former mayor of the municipality of Vinica in two terms and president of ZELS in one term.
- Saso Kutlesovski, PhD in Agricultural Sciences.
At the beginning of the convention, the president of VMRO-DPMNE Hristijan Mickoski will address the delegates and presidential candidates, and then all nine candidates will be presented.
The presidential elections will be held on April 21 and the second round will be held on 5 May.