According to a police complaint, a number of people who had visited an indoor pool at a hotel in Ohrid were sent to the hospital after exhibiting symptoms of chlorine poisoning.

At 7:55 p.m. on Friday, the Ohrid Police Department received a call regarding the occurrence.

“Ohrid residents M.R. (24) and A.B. (19) as well as Skopje residents J.A. (45) i A.P. (37) were taken to the Ohrid General Hospital whereas Gj.A. (42) and two minors, all from Skopje, were taken to the Struga General Hospital,” according to the report.

The pool facility was inspected by Ohrid police. The incident has been reported to inspectors from the Center for Public Health as well as a public prosecutor.