The Ministry of Interior informed Friday that it has taken measures to prevent a terrorist attack in the country.
After having previously exchanged operational information with a partner country, in connection with potential plans and intentions for committing a terrorist act on the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia by members of radical structures and supporters of ISIS, we took operational-tactical measures aimed at identifying possible organizers, logistics and potential perpetrators of the attack, the Ministry said.
In order to thwart the terrorist attack and achieve preventive function, the Ministry of Interior prepared a plan of measures and activities, for which it provided appropriate orders for their implementation.
Following the orders, searches were carried out on several locations on the territory of the country, and objects and devices related to the possible attack were seized. The Ministry of Interior continues to take actions, measures and activities aimed at ensuring the safety of citizens, the Ministry of Interior said in a press release.