Friday, 28 April 2017 | News today: 30

Economy

industrija11

Driven by higher exports and mining, industrial turnover grows by 9,7 percent in February

Industrial turnover in February grew 9,7 percent compared to the same month in 2016, the State Statistical Office informed on Thursday. Domestic turnover dropped by 7 percent, but industrial exports grew by 13,4 percent. Compared to January...
133654425

Debar lamb exports will traditionally go to Italy, but also to Croatia

Debar lamb ranchers expect to export about 80 percent of the 20.000 lambs to Italy, which is the traditional destination, but also to Croatia whose market is being opened for the first time. The remaining 20 percent will be meant for domestic...
133543128

Ibrahimi and Aleksovska will discuss active employment measures in the Skopje City Mall

Labour and Welfare Minister Ibrahim Ibrahimi and Employment Center director Slobodanka Aleksovska will attend the presentation of the operational plan for active employment measures. Ibrahimi and Aleksovska will visit the Anhoch electronics...
nbrm-500

Central Bank says economic outlook remains positive with political anxiety remaining main risk factor

The Committee on operative monetary policies of the Macedonian Central Bank (NBRM) met on Wednesday and concluded that the economic foundations remain stable, but risks from the political anxiety continue to be pronounced. GDP growth for 2016...
17022015155722_turisti-banskoliev-12

Number of tourists in Macedonia increases

According to the data of the State Statistical Office, the number of tourists in Macedonia in February 2017 was 36 869, and the number of nights spent by tourists was 79 860. The number of tourists in February 2017, compared to February 2016,...
nysk-holding-investicija-640x360-520x293

US company opens brownfield plant in Skopje to produce cannabis oil

A plant for the production of cannabis oil for medicinal purposes was opened Tuesday in Skopje at the site of OHIS, a defunct company of the chemical industry. The production facility is an investment by the US company NYSK Holding. The company...
133651343

Provided that crisis is settled, German companies would invest again in Macedonia

The unpredictable political crisis in the country has a strong impact in the economy, also being the largest challenge German companies in Macedonia has to face with. Assuming that the crisis is settled, the companies would invest in Macedonia...
133650791-520x294

Macedonian companies interested in Italian marble processing technology

Macedonian high-quality and world famous marble can become more competitive in foreign markets by use of adequate modern marble processing technology. To this purpose, representatives of 28 companies, concessionaires of marble attend Tuesday...
337244-stranskite-investicii-nosat-rast-na-domashniot-biznis-520x322

Macedonian and Italian stone processing companies to meet

A presentation of Italian technology for the extraction and processing of natural stone and B2B meetings between Macedonian and Italian companies will be held Tuesday in Skopje. The event is organised by the ICE-Italian Trade Promotion Agency...
133649208

Minister Naumoff presents Macedonia’s investment potential in Dubai

A Macedonian delegation presented potential for investment in the country at the 7th annual investment summit held in Dubai. Minister Jerry Naumoff, who was personally invited by the United Arab Emirates Economy Minister Sultan Bin Saeed al...